With over 10 years of experience in a variety of roles including Sales, Event Management and Human Resources, NET2GRID’s Human Resources & Greek Office Manager, Anny Tentokalli, is a well-rounded professional with a diverse skill set. She holds a BA in Political Sciences and a Master's degree in Human Geography and she is a proud owner of two adorable cats. We have the pleasure of giving her the opportunity to share more about herself, her role and how it is to work at NET2GRID!
1. Hello Anny, it's great to have you here with us today. Could you tell our audience a little about yourself and your role at NET2GRID?
Hello, beloved Communications, thank you for hosting me! I am the HR & Greek Office Manager of NET2GRID for the past 2,5 years. I joined the company when we were one-third of how many we are now and I’ve proudly contributed to our growing; moreover, I make sure that our employees are happy and insightfully supported!
2. As the HR department plays a vital role in ensuring employee satisfaction, could you share some insights on how NET2GRID prioritizes employee happiness?
We're all about keeping our employees happy so we put a lot of effort into creating a work environment that people love. We prioritize keeping our employees happy by creating a welcoming and creative company culture, by providing flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for learning and development. We foster communication, collaboration, and inclusivity, and organize events and activities to build strong relationships. We believe that investing in our employees' well-being is worth it, and we're committed to creating a positive work environment where everyone feels supported and fulfilled.
3. When it comes to hiring new talent, what qualities do you look for in potential candidates? Any piece of advice would you give to individuals who are interested in joining the team at NET2GRID?
When hiring new talent, we look for candidates who are a cultural fit, have relevant technical skills, and are passionate about learning and growth. For students and professionals interested in joining our team at NET2GRID, my advice would be to do their research on our company and industry, come prepared to showcase their skills and passion, and be team players. We value individuals who are talented, experienced, and share our values.
4. In the past years, many Greeks have emigrated abroad for better work opportunities. Now, the pendulum is swinging back and many are returning to their homeland. However, hierarchical workplaces and excessive overtime hours are still a prevalent phenomenon in Greece, so many individuals who are considering relocating or returning to their homeland may have concerns about work conditions. What would you say to these individuals?
At NET2GRID, we value work-life balance, personal and professional development, and employee well-being. We promote a culture of respect, collaboration, and inclusivity, and aim to provide our employees with flexible work arrangements. To individuals considering relocating or returning to Greece, I would say that there are companies like ours that prioritize employee well-being and are working hard to create positive work environments. We recognize that the Greek workforce faces challenges, but we are committed to being part of the solution by promoting a healthy and sustainable work culture, both for people that are considering returning to Greece and for those who already live here.
5. How does NET2GRID ensure that it is a safe and non-discriminatory workplace for all employees?
At NET2GRID, we're committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace. We have policies in place to prevent discrimination and harassment, and we set high standards for the inclusivity of our workplace. We've got a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and encourage everyone to speak up if they see something wrong. We believe in treating each other with respect and valuing everyone's unique perspectives. We want everyone to feel welcome and empowered to be themselves at work. Our company's focus on creating a positive work environment has been recognized by our employees, as demonstrated by our excellent scores in the fields of justice, camaraderie, and community during the 2022 Great Place to Work® survey. As a result of our employees' feedback, we were certified as a Great Place to Work®, a recognition that we are proud to have earned.
6. Finally, what do you find most enjoyable about working at NET2GRID?
What I find most enjoyable about working at NET2GRID is the company culture. The atmosphere is welcoming and cooperative, and I feel lucky to work with smart colleagues who share a sense of humor. I also appreciate that people here are willing to go the extra mile to help each other out. Beyond that, the purpose of our work is meaningful and it's rewarding to be a part of a team that's making a positive impact in the world. Finally, I enjoy the fact that we're an international company, which allows me to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and gain a broader perspective on the industry. Overall, I feel fortunate to be a part of such a positive and supportive work environment.